Both Actuated Ball valves and Solenoid valves serve a wide variety of applications. When contemplating the decision between these two categories of valves, many considerations should factor into the evaluation including actuation arrangement, power supply, size, pressure, speed, materials of construction, and failure mode to name a few.
Ball valves are those mechanical devices which are capable of guiding, controlling, modulating and directing the flow of substances like pressure, gas, liquids, etc. It is a part of valve family of the quarter turn type. The unique feature of a ball valve is its ball-shaped disc which is hollow acts to start or stop the media flow.
A solenoid valve is an electrically controlled valve. The valve features a solenoid, which is an electric coil with a movable ferromagnetic core (plunger) in its center. In the rest position, the plunger closes off a small orifice. An electric current through the coil creates a magnetic field. The magnetic field exerts an upwards force on the plunger opening the orifice. This is the basic principle that is used to open and close solenoid valves.
Actuated Ball Valves
- These Ball Valves can be operated both manually and automatically.
- High Back pressures permitted.
- High Inlet pressures permitted.
- Slower acting than solenoid valve.
- Pneumatic actuated valve has fail-safe option; explosion-proof. Electric actuated valve has no fail-safe position.
- Power choices most frequently offered were 120 VAC or 24 VDC.
- Larger in dimension and Heavy comparing to Solenoid valve.
- Very high flow rates with low pressure drop.
- Manual Override option available.
- Visual position indication.
- Water hammer potential due to high flow capacity must be taken into consideration.
- Fail-safe design: normally-closed or normally-open.
- Extremely high life cycle.
- Inlet pressure and back pressure limitations based on size and design.
- Very Fast acting mechanism.
- Pilot designs require pressure differential.
- Many power choices in AC or DC.
- Compact size and light weight.
- Lower Flow rate.
- No Manual Override.
- Water hammer potential due to rapid closure must be taken into consideration.
Compared with the Solenoid valve, Actuated Ball valves offers different no. of configurations. We at Fevisa after years of understanding and research employ this methodology in our which are the industrial standards that are on the rise. Being one of the leading Valve Stockist in UAE , we have enabled us to help solve the various challenges that are faced by the industries that are primarily dependent on the valves for their various applications. We as a ball valve supplier ensure that there is a proper adhering of the industry and company-specific standards as well as give a full commitment to the requirement of the customers.
Our Valves made in Europe with universal standards which includes ULFM & WRAS Approved Valves. Our Europe origin valves are good in packing, dispatching and after-sales service and our uncompromising quality make the buyer to approach us for future dealings.